Explore My Brain

Thursday 6 March 2014

Divergent

To start off my venture into the world of blogging, I'd like to share my opinions on a book I had the pleasure of indulging in this week. Divergent is a novel of a girl, Beatrice, and her struggles to discover who she is in an interesting version of a dystopian world that is unlike anything I have ever seen. In this world the people are separated into factions that teach certain qualities such as selflessness, honesty, bravery, intelligence, and peace. Once you have chosen your faction, however, you make the choice to leave your family behind, or to venture into the world of the unknown. That is exactly what Beatrice does. She makes an effortless decision to leave her family behind, the selfless, and joins the brave. The word Divergent is extremely important to the storyline, but by telling you it's importance, I'd be spoiling the book, so I'll just let your minds wander. I will tell you, this book is definitely worth the read. It mixes action, gore, and romance very well and I have high hopes for the movie, but I have my doubts as well that it will not live up to the book, as no movie usually does. Time will tell! Irregardless I recommend this book to teens and adults alike. 
Rate: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment